Thursday, June 16, 2005

Giraffe Tongue

Ella went to the Zoo on monday with Rory and Ben. She was thrilled with the opportunity to handfeed the giraffes, four grownups and a baby giraffe. The kids are on a high walkway, and the giraffes look over and lean over the rails. The seem very gentle and curious. The giraffe's tongue is LONG and black and curling. I left my camera at my mother's house and am dying to post pictures, but I'll just have to wait.

It was hot, but Ella enjoyed all the animals and has been telling everyone about them. She also fed goats, sheep, a horse, and a camel. She has been talking about the spider monkeys and the bats. She was fascinated with the size of the giant land tortoise (and his giant poop).

Rory was very interested in my giant belly and the fact that baby John is in there. He said that the baby might look very much like him. ;)

No comments: