Sunday, March 15, 2015

thirty pounds by friday {because the one thing I have is a sense of humor}



The stars aligned this week, and I had a chance to meet four times with a personal trainer at the gym. She works with me at the preschool and needed to work a certain number of free hours at the gym. Please let me introduce you to her if you would ever like to do something like this. My kids (and my little kids in my preschool) had spring break this week, so I had the time and energy to take on something very new.  I have had a gym membership for years, but I am pretty self conscious while I am there. I didn't know how to use all of the equipment, and I didn't want to talk to all those super fit people who seem to know what they are doing. I know. It is my problem.

I have been lifting weights, doing yoga, and even went to my first spinning class. That was the hardest thing I've done since before Ella was born--hardest exercise in fourteen years.  It was insane, and I'm going again this Wednesday. Thursday morning I had to pull myself out of bed with my arms.


I also did a full week of the Eat to Live diet. That part is simple. Plants. No added oil. I takes a bit of prep work, but I like eating this way.  As hard as I've worked this week I thought I'd drop ten pounds, and I have been joking that I was losing thirty pounds by Friday. I lost 2 pounds. I think I'm taller, at least in my head.

No comments: