Tuesday, August 02, 2011

floydfest X

floydfest 10 by ellajohn
floydfest 10, a photo by ellajohn on Flickr.

We are home from four days of a music festival up on the mountain in beautiful Floyd, Virginia. I slept on a yoga mat in the woods for three nights, and it might be the year to invest in something more comfortable. On saturday night when I went to bed the ground was still vibrating with music, and I heard it didn't stop until four am. I still haven't declared a "favorite" for the weekend. Yonder Mountain String Band. Peter Rowan, Larry Keel, Old Crow Medicine Show. Too many to count really. It was a beautiful summer weekend with shooting stars, fireworks, thunderstorms, Dark Star Stout, friends, fiddles, banjos, dancing, and happy kids.

1 comment:

Sprenkler said...

Sounds like a perfect getaway. I want to take the family one year.