Sunday, March 27, 2011

milo vest


milo vest, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

I finally knitted something other than a scarf, a hat, or handwarmers. I thought I'd make a size four and Ruby would be able to wear it next winter when she is three, but this size four turned out really big. Maybe I'm a super loose garter stitcher, and next time I'll use smaller needles for the top garter stitch section. A certain five year old model in the photograph made me swear that I would not show his face.

I've been taking a knitting class in our middle school, and this was my first class project. I absolutely love the Kureyon yarn, its rustic handspun quality and the amazing colors. Kureyon means crayon in Japanese.

The pattern is on Ravelry, Milo by Georgie Hallam. I'm looking forward to making Ruby another one that is a little longer that can be worn like a tunic dress. Maybe my next project is the Rainbow Dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodnees, I just had the best and biggest laugh over the promise not to show the face. That is too too funny. The vest is beautiful! And congrats to John on the tooth!

DV