Thursday, January 06, 2011

play


ella plays, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

On Christmas morning there was a castle in our living room. I wanted to get them a present that all three would want to play with, and I think I was successful. It was made in Maine by a family owned company called Elves and Angels. The figures are made in Germany, and we have knights, a horse, a royal family, a dragon and a wizard. Ruby has rounded up some other wooden animals as well, so there is quite a menagerie in the courtyard.


Between Santa and the tall stack of presents that poured out of Granny's station wagon, the kids were showered with gifts, geodes to crack, real tools, and a life sized waldorf friend for Miss Ruby. John has been playing Legos and racing little cars around a track. This week they are back in school and trying to figure out how to incorporate some of their new gifts into their science fair projects.


I'm almost sad to see the season pass. I had such a nice time staying at home, and I'm ordering a white christmas again next year, that and bigger stockings. I'm still working on a few handmade gifts, but today I cleared the christmas greens out of the house, and the tree will come down this weekend. We'll settle a little deeper into winter.

No comments: