Friday, March 27, 2009

she blinded me with science


science fair, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

Oh, Thomas Dolby.
Back in the dark ages of 1983 I was a finalist in the Virginia Junior Academy of Science, the big high school science fair. She Blinded me with Science was the theme of the big dance. What were they thinking having a sleepover science fair? Oh, what a geek I was. My project was in Astrophysics, a theoretical study of interplanetary rainbows.

Ella enjoyed her work with worm composting and did a nice job with her presentation. First grade. I'm pretty amazed.

2 comments:

Olga said...

We have something else in common- I am a geek too :)
I won a Science Fair award at my school when I was in 8th grade. I went on to the regionals and got an honorific mention. My little brother (3 1/2 at the time)spoke loudly at the awards ceremony "How come she's getting a horrific award?"
My love for Science didn't last though.... The Science Fair at BNS was pretty cool!

Amy said...

sleepover science fair.

like, wow.