Thursday, November 06, 2008

Blue::Virginia

cartwheel, cartwheel

My children had no idea that a person with brown skin had never been president. Ella scoffed at the notion that a woman had never been president.

Everything I know about politics I learned watching the West Wing. Seriously. I also can't talk about politics. I am very opinionated but cry easily when people start getting ugly about it.

Sarah Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent.

At last we will have a president will character, integrity, and intelligence. I don't envy him. He has a tough row to hoe, but I think he can be a great big community organizer. Maybe we can even change the whole system and give up on this ugly tit for tat, red versus blue, jesus versus science, big hair versus little hair extravaganza we call partisan politics.

It was so ugly that I got small minded and contemplated skipping my family Thanksgiving because I think that everyone else who will be attending voted "the other way".

I am hoping that the Obama administration brings this country some very practical things. First, we need a car that gets more than 34 miles per gallon and costs less than 20K. We, as in me. We can put a very smart robot on Mars, but we haven't figured out an alternative to gas powered cars.

Won't it be nice to have some little girls in the White House again instead of some boozy celebutants?

yes we can.

cartwheel, cartwheel.

1 comment:

Olga said...

cartwheel, cartwheel, right behind you!! Wouldn't that be quite a sight? The two of us doing cartwheels. I can just picture it in my mind- right behind the outdoor classroom, while the children cheer us on.
Isn't it lovely that our children find it unbelievable that there has never been a woman President? or that Obama is the first African American? Maybe, just maybe, the next election won't be about Blue and Red but about a person being best fitted for a job.