Wednesday, August 20, 2008

wednesday is the new thursday

I was so happy to find that this week has more days than I thought. I spent the whole day thinking that today was thursday, and that I was going camping with three wee people tomorrow. I was making lists and planning exit strategies. We are camping five miles from home, and it is Ruby's maiden voyage. Number one on the list is finding the queen sized mattress or buying another. The food is going to be very simple, and luckily Ella was waxing poetic about Bush's vegetarian baked beans cooked over the campfire in a cast iron skillet. So, saturday night it is going to be BBQ chicken and tofu, corn on the cob, baked beans, and watermelon. We'll be lake swimming, sand digging, butterfly hunting, walking, and sitting by the fire listening to the roar of the cicadas.

No comments: