Sunday, December 30, 2007

stunningly quiet

John and Ella are with their grandparents in Washington DC for the weekend while we continue to recuperate. I am feeling somewhat functional, but I have absolutely no energy or stamina. I'm starting to understand why people buy recliner chairs and giant televisions. This morning I watched a girlie movie and several shows on HGTV. The moment I have any energy I am going to demolish our kitchen island and head over to Lowes to resurface it. If we are going to spend a few more years in this house we have got to have kitchen counters that are cleanable. I also need one of those heartless home organizers to come over and throw all my crap away. I was watching one of those sell your house shows and one of those heartless women actually made a hideous house look good by getting rid of most of the clutter and spending three hundred dollars on some simple updates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling somewhat better. I vegged out the entire holiday and at one point never left the house for 5 days, choosing to watch girlie movies and HGTV myself. I was inspired and went on a purging orgy for 3 days. Hubby hauled off 15 large bags to the Goodwill and packed about 10 large containers to be stored. My house has never been this empty and I love it. Let's see how long it lasts!!