Saturday, March 25, 2006

casual friday, preschool style


casual friday, preschool style, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

We have fashion issues at our house. Ella wants to dress up like the queen at all times, and she wants to change her clothes seventy two times a day. It was weighing on me. There is another little girl at school critiquing Ella's clothes in a most high school sort of way, (the same one who told her she was fat and that the only way to remove it would be to remove her skin, some sort of distorted liposuction), so we are really downplaying clothes for a while. I'm picking what she will wear, and we are keeping it simple for school for a while. I'm trying to give her some vocabulary for responding to the mean girl, namely, "That just isn't even true!" Hopefully said little girl will grow boring. Always intuitive, E says that this little girl has to be bossy at school because at home no one pays attention to her. I love all the kids in Ella's class--except this one.

E actually seems much happier now that clothes are somewhat off her mind. She is happy as long as I promise that I will pick a dress four out of seven days. Four going on twenty five.

No comments: