Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving


Flat Lick Farm, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's house in Farmville. It was warm and festive, and the food was above and beyond good. My brother smoked the turkey again, and I've got to get one of those smokers. Click on the picture for more Thanksgiving goings on. The baby was smiley and peaceful, and Miss Ella was doing her best to be grown up. She wanted to dress up for dinner, and she was quite prepared to ask if she could be excused when she was finished. She stayed at the table so long waiting for the very tall chocolate cake that she didn't even have to ask to get up.

On friday we went out for sushi in Petersburg. No, it wasn't scary at all. It was delicious at Wabi- Sabi, and we were wishing we had such a cool little outpost in our hometown. Then we took in the art at the Nathaniel Friend Gallery and did some antique shopping. We ran into a classmate of my mother's that hadn't seen her since 1961, and he told me some good stories about my father when he was teaching high school english.

John and I went to see Good Night and Good Luck friday night at the mall. The movie was good, but it broke in the middle and we missed a bit. We got free tickets for another movie but ended up staying anyway because we so seldom are out without two small children. During the movie repair process we went to a puppet store in the mall. I don't know if it is a chain or not, but it looked so fun. They had an incredible owl puppet that I wish I'd gotten E for Christmas. We are putting on another Provo production this weekend at Hiyumi's birthday party. Strangely enough, I was dreaming about puppets last night...and discussion about jesus with Mr Rodgers.

I've been thinking about the Gallo kids. They lost their grandfather on friday.

No comments: