Sunday, May 31, 2009

birthday ring

Who can believe that Ruby will be celebrating her first birthday in less than two weeks? I ordered her a Spiel und Holz birthday ring that we can use for all the children's birthdays. It is natural wood with white candles, and I got her a gnome, a fairy, a red hedgehog, and a a number one. I've always wanted one, so we are starting some sweet new birthday traditions in our home. I'm going to make her a little wool felt birthday crown as well.

I celebrated my forty third birthday this saturday. We were all a bit tired with all the school festivities last week, but my little tribe worked so hard to make it a wonderful day. They told many hilarious fibs about why and where they had to go shopping, but they managed to get a new picnic table into our tiny car, unassembled of course. We had shrimp for dinner and a cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Yesterday we went for a hike at the pond, and today we went to a cello concert. Summer is finally here.

No comments: