Thursday, May 22, 2008

ten years

Who knew that my sciatic nerve was tired and achy and exhausted? I got the massage today that Ella won at a grocery store raffle, and it was absolutely amazing. It was done by this totally non threatening middle aged woman who managed to massage my sciatic nerves without making me feel the least bit uncomfortable.

It has been a goodish sort of week, but I've been too tired to write anything down. On sunday I spent the day with ten girlfriends eating good food and taking about babies and labor. I have never heard so many funny stories, and it was great to be there without any of our children. Ruby has been welcomed so sweetly into our community, and she isn't even here yet. I have a lovely red velvet bag of beans to take into labor...wishes, prayers, and hopes for Ruby's safe arrival. If I'm yelling for my bag of beans that is what I'm talking about.

Tomorrow is our ten year anniversary, and John has an out of town work trip arranged. Yes, chide him please. For the sake of togetherness the whole family is going with him and making a weekend of it. Did you know that the traditional tenth anniversary gifts are made of tin or aluminum?

No comments: