Monday, July 09, 2007

white


Ella requested a white room. She probably requested pink or purple first, but since she'll be sharing a room with her little brother for at least another year I thought that pink would be a bit much. I thought it was a small room until I started painting. I did the wood trim in gloss white as well as the closet door. Three days in this room, and there are still several hours of touch ups left to do. It does look very fresh and pretty, and I put put up some pegboard on the brick chimney for hanging her dress ups or a cool vintage dress.
I'm going to make two more of my "toadstools" for this room, oak logs about eight inches tall with fabric cushions that look like mushrooms. I need something for the wall over John's bed to unify the two parts of the room. Maybe we can paint something. I stained the new lower floor of the dollhouse, four new rooms for my old dollhouse. My father built it for me in the seventies, and both Ella and John spend a lot of time playing with it. The extentions on the sides are going to be gardens. Did you see the Mies Van der Rohe house (June 29, 2007)over at Sweet Juniper? Oh, I was dying. Ella wants her house be look like an English country house. Heavily decorated.
For today, the little world is fresh and stacked and put away.
We are off to Williamsburg with Granny until sunday. I'm taking The Poisonwood Bible, walking shoes, and a box of scrapbooking.

No comments: