Tuesday, September 19, 2006

the disco ball is no more


the disco ball is no more, originally uploaded by ellajohn.

It is amazing what getting rid of a cheap eighties glass and brass disco ball light fixture can do for a hallway. A very brave man climbed up there. I put the five year light bulbs in thinking that we'll sell this place before we have to change a bulb. In other handman news, our leak is fixed, the patio screen door might not fall off any more, and monday is squirrel hole day. Ladder number two wasn't tall enough.

I went to Home Depot to look at tiles to do the backsplash and cover the wooden trim on the bar. I left with a chrysanthemem, a sedum, and six pansies. I just couldn't deside on the tile, so I thought I'd mull it over for a while. It will probably be the one inch natural tumbled stones. In other good new, it was a gorgeous day, and happy baby slept in the sling all morning while I ran errands, drank a cup of coffee while sitting outside, and ran into a field to pick a giant bunch of goldenrod. I made brown rice and lentil soup this afternoon. Full day. Off to bed.

No comments: